Last Updated: 20 Sep 2019
We collect information about you when you register to use the Services or otherwise provide us information while interacting with any of our Services. The information you provide may include your username, first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number or company name. Personal information can also include the information that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers. We collect this information to identify users for better communication, processing and personalization of the Services provided by Kommunicate.
If you are a resident of the EU region, you are entitled to exercise your GDPR rights. You can choose to avail your data protection rights under GDPR in the following manner, starting from 25th May, 2018:
- You have a direct relationship with Kommunicate
If you have a direct relationship (you have signup up for availing Kommunicate service/you are an Kommunicate customer/you have subscribed to or downloaded Kommunicate’s content/ or have submitted your information to Kommunicate directly by any means) with Kommunicate, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to exercise your data protection rights.
- You have used an app or website which uses Kommunicate’s communication solutions
If you’re an end user of Kommunicate’s communication solutions, you can exercise your data protection rights by submitting your request to the company which owns the app or website. Since Kommunicate only provides services to the companies and they are responsible for authenticating your request and passing it on to Kommunicate, you must submit your request to the companies. Kommunicate is totally committed to working with our customers to honor data protection rights to the full extent required by GDPR.
We collect and process payment information from you when you purchase any of our Services. This information may include your credit card information, billing and mailing address, and other payment-related information. We process it using third party PCI-compliant service providers.
Usage and Technical Information
We collect the information about how you interact with our Service, This information may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, pages viewed and items clicked. We may also collect location information, including location information automatically provided by your computer or device. We may use third-party cookies and similar technologies to collect some of this information.
End User Information
Your website, app and other property visitors, potential and existing customers (Herein referred to as End Users) may submit information such as personal information including names, email addresses, and phone numbers in the chat or connected email. This information may be input into the Services by you or collected by the Services using our tags, scripts and other code implemented on any of your properties and information contained in communications between you and People using the messaging features of any of the Services.
Please note that we store chat history and other information provided by the End Users for the sole purpose of displaying analytics, generating reports, sending data to the chatbot platform you are using for showing and processing chats between you and your End Users, etc. Kommunicate does not expose the personal information of your End Users to any 3rd party. Please note that if you are using Dialogflow, Amazon Lex or any other bot platform, data will be sent to these platform for the sole purpose of processing the chat.
USING THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Services offered to you.
- To deliver customer service to you.
- To process your payments against our Services used.
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Services or otherwise prevent activities that may violate our policies or are illegal.
- To monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Services) and gather demographic information.
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you emails, newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services.
- To deliver you a personalized experience. May come in the form of messages, emails, delivering tailor-made ads based on your interest and browsing history.
- We retain the personal information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about the Services and then we securely delete the information. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request.
SHARING AND SECURITY OF THE INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational safeguards and encryptions to protect your personal information. We do not sell or trade the information to third parties barring some limited points mentioned below (This is to provide a better experience of our Services):
- We may share your personal information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- We may share your personal information with partners to assist us with marketing, advertising our Services, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Services.
- We may share your personal information with third parties (including our partners, service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues.
- We may share your payment information such credit card and financial information to process your payments with a PCI compliant payment service provider.
- We may share your personal information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
- We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to adhere by applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental or judicial request or to protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
OPTING OUT AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Kommunicate will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information if you request so. If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us. You may do that by logging into our services.
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being contacted by Kommunicate or third parties
To perform any such action, please mail us at email@example.com.
Our Services provide for message boards. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.